Crimson Queen® was the first variety released by Dr. Vorsa out of the Rutgers cranberry breeding program.
Qualities for Crimson Queen® include:
- Selected for early fruit color development
- Good color, high fruit anthocyanin (red pigment) content
- Large fruit size
- High vine (stolon) vigor
- More rapid establishment and vigorous growth
- The potential for high consistent yields compared to the early maturing variety Ben Lear.
- Crimson Queen® displays fifty percent bloom two to three days earlier than the variety Stephens
- Crimson Queen® tested as higher yielding than the current standard variety "Stevens" in WI and MA variety trials.
- U.S. patent: US PP18,252 issued November 27, 2007
- Canadian Plant Breeders' Rights Certificate
- Registered Trademark in Canada
- Registered Trademark in Chile
- Registered Trademark in Peru