Rosy Teacups® full tree.
Rosy Teacups® full tree in Fall.
Rosy Teacups® bracts in hand.
Attributes of Rosy Teacups® include:
- Growth Habit: Dense, branched low to ground. Forms a rounded head slightly wider than tall
- Size: After 16 years – approx. 23' high x 25' spread
- Plant vigor: Moderate vigor typical of the rubra variety of C. kousa
- Cold hardiness after 16 years in NJ USDA Hardiness Map Zone 6a (-20° to -23°C) :
- Very winter hardy
- No winter die-back
- Resistance to insects and diseases:
- No insect or disease problems observed during 15 years field testing
- Foliage: Dense foliage. Summer dark glossy green. Fall shades of red
- Floral bracts:
- Shades of light to medium pink, with deeper colors towards edges. Bracts to 3+"
- Very floriferous. Single flowers arranged in compact, dense heads
- Floral display typically lasts about 3 weeks or more, depending on weather conditions
- Fruit: Orange-red 1"+ fruit